The Disaster Recovery Advantage of Cloud9
In the wake of a debilitating natural disaster like Hurricane Harvey, we know much of the financial services community is reminded of the importance of keeping their businesses operational with an effective disaster recovery strategy.
In the past, for large institutions and banks, this meant keeping up expensive disaster recovery sites – which sit empty and unused until they are needed. For smaller trading shops, a disaster often meant ceasing operations.
With Cloud9, disaster recovery is inherent to our platform. As long as you have an internet connection, you will have access to the full functionality of Cloud9 – with the same security, recording, compliance features you have in the office. There is no loss of quality or service, you maintain your connections with counterparties, and you aren’t paying to keep up equipment at costly disaster recovery sites.
It also keeps employees safe – allowing them to work from homes, hotels, or other remote locations without the need for travel.
In a disaster recovery scenario, Cloud9 offers:
- Full connectivity with your trading counterparties – including shoutdowns, ringdowns, dial tone, group calls, intercom, and hoot capabilities.
- Ability to establish an always-on connection with your firm – connecting you and your colleagues in a virtual office environment.
- High-fidelity acoustic capabilities, with zero-tolerance for call failure or interruption, and there is virtually no conversation delay.
- Enterprise-level security with end-to-end encryption. We’re the only trader voice company to hold both the ISO 27001 and SOC2 certifications for our excellence in information security.
- Built-in recording and secure storage of all call records, plus associated call metadata.
- Compliance with major regulatory mandates and directives, including Dodd Frank and MiFID II.
- Global administrative management for your entire firm through a central portal that can be accessed anywhere.
- Ability to access call recordings, logs, and call analytics through the central Administrative Portal.
Whether your company is facing a major disaster, or if your employees are unable to come into the office due to a minor weather event or disruption, Cloud9 enables companies to easily continue their business operations.
Interested in getting a demo of Cloud9? Schedule one today.
If you are a Cloud9 user affected by Hurricane Harvey, or would like to learn more about working remotely using your C9 Trader, contact the Cloud9 Helpdesk.